Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Yarn Diet?

I think it's time for a yarn diet. Sunday I found myself at one of my favorite yarn stores, The Sow's Ear (www.knitandsip.com) in Verona, WI. Wandersing in and around all the yarrn, a dozen or so projects came to mind. Thinking to myself-not going to buy, not going to buy, I picked up some yarn off the sale shelf. Oooooh, a beautiful soft mohairy blend that went really nicely with this other eggplant colored ball of mohair over on the other sale shelf. Not going to buy? Ha! At least it was on sale. Got home yesterday and a box awaited me. EBay winnings-Cherry Tree sock yarn, along with two skeins of Lorna's Laces that I bought from the sellars EBay store. Log into EBay last night and congratulations you've won a half skein of Prism Cool Stuff. Top it all off with my husband muttering 'There's more yarn in this house than....', didn't hear the rest since he was walking away. Maybe it's time to diet!

Current Stash Basket listing :
heathery gray yarn for Lucy bag
yarn for daughter's sweater
Kureyon for another Booga bag
skein of Malabrigo for husband's hat
black yarn with wild novelty yarn for felted bag
skein of Blue Sky Alpaca cotton
3-4 miscellaneous skeins that were on sale so why not
7 skeins of silk sari yarn
a bunch of left over odds and ends from past projects
all the yarn (except the Prism) mentioned above
skein of cotton for dishcloths

I'm sure I've missed some since I'm going off the top of my head. Of course compared to some of you knitters out there, this might just be a drop in the bucket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home