Sunday, May 07, 2006

A Rambling of Yarn and Good Wine


Despite my already healthy stash of yarn, I still stopped at The Sow's Ear in Verona, WI yesterday and walked out with needles and a skein of bright, beautiful sock yarn. The Sow's Ear is a wonderful shop, where yarn and caffeine intermingle. Honestly, I stopped only to get a soymilk latte and snack for Little Miss. After setting Little Miss up with her slice of cherry cheese strudel and organic apple juice, I began to wander around the shop. Little Miss joined me after her snack, proclaiming she would like a pair of socks. Doesn't matter that we are heading out of sock weather, she wants me to make her socks. Thanks to her burning desire for socks, I hit enough loyalty points to earn a gift certificate for the next trip. We both left happy and set off for the zoo in Madison.

On the way home, I stopped at Brennan's Market. Made out with a great bottle of red wine for dinner. I'm fortunate to be able to select from 4 or 5 places in the area that carry really great wines. Massbach Ridge, Galena Cellars, Brennan's (Monroe and Madison) to name a few. I'm not a wine snob either. I drink whatever wine appeals to me at the time I feel like drinking it. Don't ask me what wine goes with what food. I have no clue. A good bottle goes with anything in my book.

New yarn + good wine = one great day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home